Thursday, November 26, 2009

Personal Learning Network

Personal Learning Network
I started my personal learning network as a coach, which I teach young girls the skills of volleyball. Being a coach has introduced me to alot of great people. Since I want to be a physical education teacher, these people are great to know. Currently I work at the University of South Alabama as a graduate assistant for the volleyball team, which I got by networking through the late athletic director of South Alabama Joe Gottfried. The head of the volleyball team is Nicole Keshock, she is a great coach and I have learned alot from her. She allows me to further my career in the sports world, by letting me run practices at times and being involved with the day to day affairs of coaching a Division I volleyball team. In the spring I also coach a club volleyball team and talking with the other coaches in the club I use them as references when I need help in thinking of ideas for drills to use in my practices. Facebook is a great way for me to communicate with the other coaches since we have different schedules and don't get to see each other that much. Another person I have in my PLN is the volleyball coach at LeFlore Magnet High School Barba McCovery, I help her in the summer with her volleyball team. She is also a P.E. teacher at LeFlore, so she answers any questions I have about physical education. My personal learning network is going to continue to grow the more people I meet through out the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment