Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dear Kaia

Dear Kaia
Great Story!! Kaia is a cute girl who lives in Qatar. At the time this story took place Kaia was three years old. This story began when a group of 8th graders commented on Kaia's blog because her and her father posted a photo essay they made when they went on a outdoor adventure with their camera. The 8th grade students commented on her blog, but Kaia's father ask if they could make a video because she was learning too read. So the students decided to make a voicethread and they talked about what they liked about Kaia's photos. I think what the students did was cool. I am sure they will remember that experience for the rest of their life. Getting to know people and learning something in the process is a great way to let students be creative.Click Here To see Kaia's blog

1 comment:

  1. This story is very special to me because EDM310 has given me the opportunity to meet Mr. Jabiz (Kaia's father) and Mr. Chamberlain through email exchanges, blog comments, and twitter.

    Even though we learn about tons of interesting Web 2.0 tools and techniques in EDM310, I believe the main point of Strange's class is to learn how important it is to connect our students' learning to real people and events around the world.

    I know Dear Kaia has become an unforgettable part of my learning process and that is the goal: to make every learning opportunity unforgettable for your students!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog-- it means a lot to know what I am learning has application to others' lives as well.

    ReplyDelete