Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why Is It Important For Students To Post Their Work To Blogs?

The more students post their work to blogs and other sites, the more other people can view their work. Students work is no longer just seen by the teacher and thrown in the trash after the year is over. It is saved in the clouds as Dr. Strange says. In my edm 310 class I was assign to watch a video call Mr. Winkle Wakes and I had to leave a comment about what I thought. When the author read my post he left a comment and a few days later my teacher sit up a time for him to skype in to our class, to talk to use.Mr. Winkle Wakes Another example of students posting their work to blogs is the assignment I had about Dear Kaia Wordle of Dear Kaia where a group of students did a voicethread for her. There are a lot of reasons for students to post their work to blogs.Click Here To check out a website I found about why students should go public with their work. The teacher talks about the pros and cons of this topic.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the link was going to produce blog posts on which we could leave comments. Unfortunately it stops after the 2005-2006 school year. I wonder what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you were excited and pleased to get Mr. Needleman's comment, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a very good point about student work being saved forever. I never thought about it in that way.This is definitely a positive.

    ReplyDelete